Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dear Diary

The name is Amanda Heather Mayes. I haven't blogged in...years. Not as I once did. At the suggestion of a friend, I thought I'd give it a try once more. Maybe sometimes I'll be funny. Maybe at other times I'll be dramatic (I've been known to do this from time to time. LOL)

If you know me at all, you know I have been through a great deal in my life. Not long ago I began to feel as though I have lost so much time on frivilous things and chasing hopeless dreams...I realize now that I have not lost time...I have gained knowledge.

By 17 I learned that mistakes will follow you no matter where you go...and who cares? Can I change what I have done? No. So I had to learn to forgive myself. And I did. By 20 I learned that I could successfully be a mother. A working mother, in fact. By 24, I learned that closing doors on painful relationships isn't the end of anything actually...it's the beginning of a new dream. By 29 I realized that I could still succeed. With no college education and nothing more than the will to be more successful I could find myself promoted into positions paying as much and at times more than the salaries of my friends with college degrees. By 34 I learned that I could love someone else's child as my own. By 37 I learned that I am still gullible at times and should perhaps trust my own intuition...but I am fine with how I am. Any less than gullible and I'd likely never believe in anything or anyone again.

Through it all I have learned the most important thing...no matter what changes in my life, life goes on...so the only question to ask myself is...what great adventure will I go on next?


1 comment:

  1. And... live go on! The question with who. I really miss you Miss Mandi Mayes!

    Love ya!
    pj

    ReplyDelete